Fortuitous has been put away for the season.
The engine and fresh water systems have been winterized, and the cover is on. It was basically the same as every other year, perhaps minus some angst.
Rather that reiterate the steps, here are some highlights from the back catalog of winterization reports:
- 2021: 12 Amazing Sailboat Maintenance Tips — a listicle on winterizing tribulations
- 2020: Scattered and Covered — including a tour of the Waffle House menu
- 2017: 2017: The Season in Review — apparently I’m on a 5-year cycle of not trying that hard
- 2016: Dipsticks, Grumps, etc. — [self explanatory]
- 2014: Big Boat Winterization — the first year with the 27
- 2013: Timing — getting the 22 winterized in mid-December (it was a different time)
- 2012: Covered — from the days when Instagram photos were all square and weathered
- 2011: Winterization Complete — I sometimes yearn for the days when I was this terse
- BONUS: Five Horse Open Sleigh — winter shenanigans from when I used to bring my engine home to work on it